Sunday, June 10, 2012

Avoiding or Ignoring

Yesterday started out as a great day.

IMG_5817

Just as I got off the freeway and stopped at a traffic light, to my amazement, I saw the driver in the car to my left was driving on the RIGHT side of his Acura car. I was so intrigued by the car that I followed him to his work.  The young man told me he had the car imported from China.  He was so ecstatic that I was taking pictures of his car, especially because it was his birthday and all his co-workers came out to see what was going on.  Before I left, Chris happily invited me to a car show today.

Already late to my appointment, I stopped anyway at Jack in the Box for breakfast and coffee. As I walked in, there was a man and his son sitting at a table. We made eye contact and I just kept walking. As I ordered my food, the thought came to me that I had been rude to this man and his son. I immediately stopped ordering and approached them to say “Good morning”. I said how sorry I was for ignoring them.  The man then shook my hand and gave me a hug.

IMG_5083a

I felt like this deflated balloon – with no life and no sense of feeling – after ignoring this man. We, as a people, tend to ignore or avoid each other for one reason or another.  We shouldn’t take people for granted, no matter what.

IMG_6913

There is a story around ever bend, just like Abilio and his dog, Annie, who were out for a ride in Norco, California. The NESW highway has never let me down.

P.S. CLICK ON PICTURES FOR A FULL VIEW

No comments:

Post a Comment